The Bilingual Montessori School of Sharon is an educational institution offering a school program for children ranging from fifteen months to seven years of age in an atmosphere dedicated to fostering love, care, and mutual respect for one another while stimulating excellence in academic, artistic, and aesthetic pursuits. These environments and endeavors follow the guidelines and educational philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori.
To achieve our mission, to create and sustain an optimum educational environment, to enable each child to realize his or her richest potential for learning, and to become an independent, self-motivated, and contributing member of the world community, we:
- Provide a curriculum adhering to Montessori standards based on current thinking and research on child development and different methods of learning.
- Focus on the development of cognitive skills, self-esteem, independence, and personal responsibility in each child.
- Encourage the self-motivation and self-discipline that will lead to a life-long pursuit of knowledge.
- Balance self-reliance, independence, and responsible freedom with the skills of working cooperatively.
- Recognize that personal growth involves responsibility towards oneself and others.
- Embrace a diverse student body in which students experience and learn to respect ethnic, cultural, economic, and other differences.
- Through this philosophy, children learn to seek and identify common ground
- Enter into a partnership with parents in the education of their children.
- Cultivate a supportive and caring staff that recognizes and respects the individuality of each human being.